Many of our members "bundle" their Potomac Section Membership with their AIHA National Dues. If you would like to join the Potomac Local Section alone please use the link below.
Join us today
Price (a year)
| $ 30
| $ 10
Whether you are interested in strengthening your EHS network, furthering your EHS career or maybe just new to the area and looking for friends, the Potomac Section of AIHA can be a great option for you. In addition to providing information about our profession, the Potomac Section can enhance your personal and professional development and provide endless networking opportunities. Look around your community; there are bound to be a plethora of organizations for you to join.
Here are some strong reasons for joining the Potomac Section - your professional networking organization.
- Broaden your knowledge: The Potomac Section offers a variety of meetings on technical issues, technical tours of local facilities and full-day Professional Developmental Seminars – all designed to help you maintain your certification(s). Staying informed on EHS trends will help you in the long run and put you one step ahead of the competition!
- Take charge of your career: Take advantage of career resources offered by the Potomac Section in the form of job listings posted on our website and emailed only to their members. This is a great way to find targeted job postings for your area of interest. Listing your association membership on your resume is impressive to current or future employers as it shows that you are dedicated to staying connected in your professional community.
- Enhance your network: We all know that networking is key for the movers and shakers of the community! Making connections is critical, and joining associations gives countless opportunities to connect on a local and sometimes even global level. For most people, creating professional relationships is important, and joining a group allows you to have a sense of security and trust. From this, you are able to support and help one another in reaching your professional goals.
- Be a Leader: The Potomac Section will give you an opportunity to develop your skills as a leader. This is important not only for your personal growth, but for your growth in your firm.
- Become a mentor: Giving back can be the greatest reward and benefit. Participating in forums, chat groups or discussion boards sponsored by the Potomac Section is a great way to grow your network. This allows you to use your peers as sounding boards and often make some great friends with the same interests as you.
- Make a new friend: Once we graduate from school, we all know how hard it is to get out and meet new people and make a new friend! Use the Potomac Section as a professional opportunity to escape the norm and meet new people Plus, our monthly dinner meetings are too much fun to miss!
- Give back to the community: The Potomac Section is involved with the annual science fairs in 5 local communities –engaging young minds into thinking about Safety as they start their careers. We also have an annual social to support the Washington Metropolitan Area’s Toys for Tots programs.
- Strength in Numbers: We live in a day and age where establishing a presence in any given career field often demands working long hours and bringing work home at the end of the day. You may have ideas for cultivating partnerships, yet not feel up to shouldering all the responsibility to organize them. In the Potomac Section community, you have access to an established support system of experienced people who are motivated to get things done. The battle is half-won!
- Stay Inspired and Stay Motivated: Learn to love what you do! Potomac Section membership will help you to be proactive about things you discover on the journey.